Safety Guidelines / Surfacing SolutionsIn order to minimize the risk of injury in the event of a fall, Rainbow Play Systems recommends a bed of loose-fill, or bonded, material under and around your play system. Using the EN1177 norms for public playgrounds as a guideline, the recommended depth of approved cushioning surfaces corresponding to the maximum fall height of your system is indicated in the following table:
In addition to ensuring that your play system is installed on a surface with adequate cushioning, the unit should have a minimum unobstructed safety perimeter of 1.8 meters on all sides.
In order to calculate the total surface area for which a cushioning surface is needed, multiply the width of the play area including security perimeter (X+3.6) by the depth of the play area (Y+3.6).
In terms of surfacing solutions listed above, Rainbow Play Systems recommends bonded rubber chips from CreateScape, the advantages of which inlcude:
1. A depth of 5 centimeters meets EN1177 norms for commercial applications;
2. CreateScape mulch uses recycled tires as its base ingredient, making it an enviromentally friendly choice;
3. CreateScape mulch comes in multiple colors and is aesthetically pleasing;
4. CreateScape mulch can be installed over uneven surfaces with minimal ground preparation required;
5. CreateSscape mulch can be adapted to any shape, and secondary colors can be inlaid; and
6. The total surface area can be reduced thanks to the possibility of using flexible shapes and rounded corners with CreateSscape mulch.
Pricing for installation of CreateScape in a uniform color at a depth of 4cm starts at CHF 100 / m2 HT. Installation includes laying of a geotextile material to impede the growth of weeds and/or grass, adhension binder, mixing of the mulch and binder, laying of the mulch aver the desired area according to the client's desired shape outline.
Please contact us to learn more about this solution or visit the company's website at: www.createscape.eu